View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 05:37 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jud149 View Post
Thanks for the reply. The unit has perhaps only 200 hours on it at most. Compression is good. Adjusting the hi screw does nothing as turning it all the way in both directions has not effect at all. I did replace the fuel lines, filter, and plug, and of course the new carb, all to no avail. Is there an easy way to verify crank seals are in place?

FWIW, the problem started all at once. Fine one day and the problem the next upon start up. The unit runs normal except for no acceleration. Its starts fine and will not die...just the no high rpm issue.
On the recoil side take it off and peak in with a light. On the flywheel side you have to take the clutch housing off and again peak. But if it is spotless then they probably are in place. Take the muffler off and verify that the output port is cleaned out. If I recall I think those carb have another adjustment straight down on top of the carb. It would be plugged so it would have to be removed. It basically moves the jet needle up and down when you turn it. If you choke it partly will it accelerate?

Page generated in 0.03463 seconds with 7 queries