View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 09:24 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Gardens View Post
Hing Pin Height is 80" on the Vermeer S650TX

Hing Pin Height on the Ditch Witch is 81".

So your looking at a 60"+ dump height with both machines. With a 4 in 1 bucket, then you would be close to 80".

Ok not that I am set on this machine but I am keeping you honest here, the lift height is 77inches with the ventrac, the standard bucket is 5cu ft and they have a mulch bucket that is 9cu ft. so a 1/3 yard. I moved 10 yards of top soil, 10 yard of mulch, spread it out, dressed the lawn, blowed the leaves off the lawn, dug out 4 bushes/trees with pos 25hp gas dingo in 10hrs that could hardly lift 500 lbs. I dont know if the rental company limited the lifting power or what, but the engine would not work when the lifting power was maxed out.

Here is the reason why i ask this question. A new diesel ztr is 15 grand and new 31hp mini is about 25-28 grand. A ventrac would be 20 plus attachments. So for 28 grand I could have a 72 mower, a loader, and a stump grinder and I think would be easier on the lawn doing mulch than a mini, but I don't know if the venctrac would have the lifting power. The ventrac would be an awesome mowing machine but I don't know if if can keep up with a ztr but I saw a video with mowing at 10mph so I dont know. I also plan on using it in the winter time but bother machine would work just as well, I think the mini skid I could drive it onto a flat bed to it would be easier to haul. The ventrac would have more power on every attachment because it don't use the hydros except for the post hole digger. It only has a 9.5 gpm aux pump so I could run quite a bit of stuff but not as much as a mini but it would even run a brush hog off the aux http://www.quickattach.com/shop-by-d...h-buster-mini/ so ya, those are my thoughts.

Page generated in 0.03790 seconds with 7 queries