Thread: New Job!!!
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 12:03 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexschultz1 View Post
The degrading comments are from people who have already made the mistakes. I was in your shoes 3 years ago, all excited about a huge install i landed. DVS came on and ripped me a new one saying blah blah blah your going to screw up blah blah blah, and it pissed me off! well my hard head didnt listen to his advice. 6 weeks later and -$2000 in my bank account i realized he was right.

That being said... I think we are off topic and the bashing needs to change into something helpful. Every day take pictures and post them, ask questions, and when you finish, if everything was done perfect, you can tell us to SHOVE IT. Congratulations on the job btw

Yup! very fast it can cost you money! Believe me - I KNOW! We have a portion of a job that we did in 2010 that we're about to go back and rebuild. It's gonna cost me AT LEAST $2000.00, probably closer to $3k. You can lose money during the construction of the job or you can lose money long after the job was initially executed. It happens. And it will happen.

And yup! I come on very strong. I want my words to be in the back of people's minds the entire time they are doing the job. I want them to be determined to prove me wrong. But most folks think I'm just some lonely, miserable, internet troll - LOL

"People Throw Rocks At Things That Shine"

My Equipment Brag List:

-1 CAT hat
-16 pairs of Hanes socks (the Heavy Duty model), many with holes.
-12 pairs of underwear, ranging from Joe Boxers to Jockey, many are in need of replacement. (no more photo requests please)
-hundreds of t-shirts. Some w/ grease stains, some torn & tattered.
-7 pairs of jeans, ranging from Levis to Polo to GAP. 1/2 of them have holes in 'em.
-1 belt
-1 pair of old worn out Nike shoes.

Last edited by DVS Hardscaper; 11-01-2012 at 12:08 PM.

Page generated in 0.03251 seconds with 7 queries