Thread: city specs
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 11:47 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchgo View Post
Jim,

I'd like to hear your thoughts on prevailing wages

Basically, this was the first ' city job' follow spec guidelines I've down ( This year was the first the company has does this too)

Another co-worker has single handledly tackled out several other city jobs for this account mainly installing Rp's for city parks through out this year

I asked him about prevailing wages and he received or heard nothing about it.

My mother is a CPA and when her and I chat some of it is talking about work. She told me a bunch about it.

When I started the job there was a 3 page print out about the job description and 1.5 pages of it was talking about prevailing wages. I looked up all of the Rivision Code's it provided but of course those things are never it super detail.

My mother said I should just calmly bring it to my bosses attention.

I'm fine with what I'm being paid for to do the job... but if I have the opportunity to be paid more then of course i'm going to accept it.

I mean I worked 5 days straight by myself on a 4000' run. Removed almost 3 yards of dirt ( about 50 wheelbarrows full walking 200-300' each back to the truck ) Replaced a ton of valves. Followed stupid specs ( Btw a couple of those slip fixes move a couple inches) I called the guy up and mad him come over to show him WHY WE DON'T DO THIS!!!!!.. He said leave it..

Basically I kicked ass and I feel .. If there is a bonus for doing something like this then I should get it.

I haven't brought anything up to my boss and after reviewing the 10 pages of RCW codes I do not see any kind of 'grouping' irrigation falls under
Falls under pipe fitters, don't pass out when you see how much "The Man" thinks you should be getting paid.

Page generated in 0.04223 seconds with 7 queries