Thread: New Job!!!
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 11:22 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

The ground is pretty level where the wall is going acrossed it. The slope is running up the driveway which the wall being just ending the farther up I go. I don't know if I am explaining it well enough for you guys to understand. I have some before pics and will post them tomorrow when I get on the computer. I know you guys seem to think I don't have much experience with walls but that really isn't the case. The first wall I built was 8-9 years ago at a holiday inn and it was 300' long but on 4' tall. I have built walls from 3' and 50' long at the bottom of a hill two walls I built around fire hydrants that were on a mound and they wanted the ground level around the hydrant so I cut the hill back built walls around and sloped the hill back to normal. There has been jobs where I built walls for walk in basements that the walls were at least 8' tall. I am far from a rookie at this hardscape stuff and the main reason for posting was because I had not built any for awhile and I just wanted to kind of see what the going rate was. I know everyone's rates are different depending on the area, overhead and block type but why should I charge $35 sq ft when I could get $40-45 sq ft and make more money. I do thank all you guys for the help and I don't mean to come off as a jerk or know it all. I am always looking for better ways of doing things and believe no matter how long I am doing things I will never know it all. The reason I am building the wall the way I am is for two reasons 1 is that when the salesman came out to look at the job he stated that I needed to bury one course. The ground behind the wall is level and the ground below is level it isn't holding anything back besides dirt and a few trees. The second reason I am building the way I am is when I got certified in SRW installation I have specs that are followed depending on soil type, slope, load and all that good stuff. When I looked at all those factors that is how I made my decision on how many course to bury and where to put the geo. I will post pics as I am building and tearing down so you guys get a better idea. I'm not the best at describing things so I may have everyone confused and thinking I have no clue as to what I am doing. I am very confident that the wall will stand the test of time and will out last me. Thanks again and sorry I came off rude or inconsiderate I just know how some people can be.
Posted via Mobile Device

Page generated in 0.04311 seconds with 7 queries