Thread: Hydraulic Valve
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 11:37 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterlogged View Post
Yeah, it was a shame Riggs closed. Did you find the solenoid at the end of the copper tube or did the copper go to a bank of solenoids by the house? It's been my experience that your pipe will be copper. Put in new. I know you have a lot of roots, but reroute. In the long run it's better. If you have any problems later with this valve, it will be your nickel.
The exhaust tube runs about 100' to a Richdel 205. Not sure were the 205 is sending the water to. The reason I don't want to reroute is the roots have grown solid around the piping. I'm talking the size of your leg. True it's just a matter of time before the roots win over the copper. This tree is 3 to 3 1/2' diameter. If I can get a rebuild to go a few years it will outlast the owner and this place will be a tear down for a mac mansion with the next owner. This is why you should keep the main and valves far away from trees. Even small trees become big trees. I was on an install I did twenty five years ago this week and saw the same thing happening. Tree roots pushing the main and laterals around. That tree was little when I installed the system. My valve was a good six feet from the tree and now is totally encased by roots.

Page generated in 0.03601 seconds with 7 queries