View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 08:20 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I got to see the whole program over the weekend as I was under the weather... the first thing he did was take a core sample then,,, take a pinch from out of the sampler and determine the texture by showing it 'ribbon' between his fingers... clay was pretty obvious, even on camera...

I don't know if anyone has ever used a cement mixer to mix their own cement from scratch using the correct gravel/sand for the job and a bag of pulverized Portland... but if you had,,, you would have quickly learned to NOT allow anykind of organic matter to contaminate the mixture...

I've been hoping for years now that I wouldn't have to be the one to explain why the mixing of sand and clay does not make cement/adobe in the soil... I didn't want to be the one that makes the point about what OM does to concrete mixes, becuz I'm an ignorant fool that tells wild stories and dispenses false information...

But at least I'm no more a fool than a guy that has his own franchise on educational TV, supportted by the Wisconsin Board of Regents...

Page generated in 0.03581 seconds with 7 queries