View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 07:43 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjm95 View Post
Do you ever wonder if you fire too many guys? I just fired my 2nd guy in about 6 weeks. They know what they need to do and I let them know if they are pushing it with bad attitudes etc.. but they don't seem to listen so I fire them. It's getting old and I wonder if there is something else I should do.

Thanks for the input.
LOL, welcome to the fun side of this business. We've been through 8 or 9 guys this year. Its a sign of the times, very few people both young and older have any type of work ethic. so many people these days think they're entitled. We just hired on 2 guys after the other 2 who were with us pretty much all summer just quite showing up. It doesn't faze me anymore, yes it's left us in a bind a few times but we got through it then moved on to "the next guy". This last batch of applicants looks very promising, even had a few guys call back multiple times which is a new thing for us. We started doing the normal interview then a working interview. I let them all know if it doesnt work out so long, no offense but things aren't going to work out. You can usually tell if they're going to work out or not in a matter of a day or so.

On our own as of 2003. Proud to be a full time, legitimate company.

Equipment we use:
Ford trucks
Pro Line and GatorMade trailer's
Gravely, Exmark, Honda and Snapper mower's
Echo trimmer's and blower's
LittleWonder equipment
BillyGoat equipment
New Holland and Dresser loader's (snow removal)
Fisher snow plow's
DownEaster and Fisher salt spreader's
TurboTurf fertilizer tank

http://jandblawncare.net

Page generated in 0.03487 seconds with 7 queries