I have an open trailer, and ill tell you advertising has only gotten me 3 calls (people wanting jobs) this year, as i just put a sign on it before growing season this year. The things i like about open trailers is:
- you can easily load and unload large limbs
- whatever trash is on the mower deck will fly off
- equipment stays cooler instead of being closed up in that hot hell hole.
- more mpg
The things i dont like:
- possibility of stolen equipment
- have to really make sure everything is strapped down good
- when it rains
- have to unload it every night
There are ups and downs to everything, its just i prefer an open trailer. Hope this helps!