View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 09:43 PM
LawnSite Member

I'm not sure what zackvbra is talking about in terms of advertising... You certainly can't put anything of decent size on the trailer itself if you go with open. As far as everything else he said, I do agree. Its alot easier to access everything and comes in handy when you have to haul debris.

Personally though, I prefer my enclosed over my open trailer (I have both). In terms if advertising, your basically driving around a rolling billboard. I can't tell you how many people I've meet that tell me they've seen our trailer around town.

Why I prefer Enclosed:
- Enclosed you don't have to deal with unloading everything at the end of the day.
- You need to go inside somewhere that you can't see your equipment, you just throw a lock on it. Sure beats worrying if someones jacking your stuff (and yes I've heard tons of stories of it happening while people are inside a place for only a few minutes).
- Your equipment will stay protected from the elements when not in use, thus prolonging life.
- You can build the inside to accommodate everything you'll need on a daily basis. This way your not having to throw everything inside your truck. Allows for you to carry spare parts and tools safely.

I can go on and on but that's just a few reasons. As far as gas mileage, I'm not sure what you drive, but I don't notice enough difference between my enclosed and open trailer for that to be a factor. Overall it's your choice, but that's just my two cents.

Page generated in 0.03452 seconds with 7 queries