View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 09:47 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

A subject near and dear to my heart. For years I did nothing but up scale work on Water Front property and still do some. But the Tree huggers have chase me away from that type of work. Now I only target working class retirees in mid price range neighborhoods. I am a Pesticide guy so I only kill ants now. I charge less but keep more which the point here.

Terry is a guy in my town who is the King of MOW n GO. He will do 30 yard before noon and sit in the bar the rest of the day. He doesn't use a Weed Eater or a Blower. Roundup is his edger and his big ride on side discharge mower is his blower. He only does By The Cut and charges $ 15 when others are asking $ 25. Terry has been in business close to 30 years and lives good having season tickets for his whole family to all U of F home games. BTW that a 4 hour drive and a overnight in a motel every other week end.

You might not use roundup as a weed eater like Terry but the point is Production work can be geared to any Price range. IMHO working class markets can be very profitable.

In Edit Terry is a one man band.

it is one thing to do a off label applications. It is total stupidity to post it on the world wide web and expect people to approve.

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

My People Skills are Fine. It is my Idiot Tolerance Skills That needs Work.

Page generated in 0.03810 seconds with 7 queries