View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 10:47 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

A subject near and dear to my heart. For years I did nothing but up scale work on Water Front property and still do some. But the Tree huggers have chase me away from that type of work. Now I only target working class retirees in mid price range neighborhoods. I am a Pesticide guy so I only kill ants now. I charge less but keep more which the point here.

Terry is a guy in my town who is the King of MOW n GO. He will do 30 yard before noon and sit in the bar the rest of the day. He doesn't use a Weed Eater or a Blower. Roundup is his edger and his big ride on side discharge mower is his blower. He only does By The Cut and charges $ 15 when others are asking $ 25. Terry has been in business close to 30 years and lives good having season tickets for his whole family to all U of F home games. BTW that a 4 hour drive and a overnight in a motel every other week end.

You might not use roundup as a weed eater like Terry but the point is Production work can be geared to any Price range. IMHO working class markets can be very profitable.

In Edit Terry is a one man band.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.

Page generated in 0.03340 seconds with 7 queries