Thread: Tenacity
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 08:50 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnagain View Post
Skipster

Ric is correct about the label in 8 oz containers. Now as far as how good it works I have no idea. I have never used it.

http://www.greencastonline.com/Tenac...ial/index.aspx
I can't get the link for the label to pull up from that website, John. It tells me that url is not available now. But, I am looking at a label from an 8 oz residential bottle as I type this. It's the same label that all the other containers have -- even the same label on the 30 gal drums. It says St. Augustinegrass is sod farm use only.

Not trying to get in a urinating contest about labels. I just didn't think Tenacity was a a big FL product. My good friend is a field research scientist with Syngenta in FL. He said that they gave distributors and sales reps specific instructions that this product is NOT to be sold to LCOs in FL for treating St. Augustinegrass. Syngenta saw LCO use in FL to be centipedegrass only.

Oh well. I always wondered how customers would perceive the whitening effect of Tenacity on susceptible weeds. A few more of these HPPD inhibitors are in the pipeline for T&O (already used in crops). I wonder if the whitening effect will change the way companies market these products.

Page generated in 0.04397 seconds with 7 queries