Thread: Taxes?
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 02:26 PM
Sam75 Sam75 is offline
LawnSite Member
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chicago IL
Posts: 30
You should be able to take the deduction on your mower since you said it was one of you largest accounts. That means you have at least one other account and you are still in business for your self. Also if you are cutting the grass at the school personally you would have to have an fein# you can get that online nowadays and simple to do. But if you hire help to cut the grass at the school and it is a public school you may have to pay your help the prevailing state wage which could be huge in Illinois it is 25.00 an hour roughly. If you have no workers helping you. you would be a sole prop. and just use your ssc and sched c on your income taxes. last but not least. The irs says you have to try to make a profit when you are in business for yourself
Reply With Quote
Page generated in 0.03715 seconds with 8 queries