View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 01:38 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

AE 551 Billy Goat Aerator Question

I'd like some inputs. I found one for 500 bucks used, and it looks to be in good condition with the briggs engine (not the honda...DAMN).

If its in working condition and runs good, im debating pulling the trigger. I need to aerate my own lawn which is less than 2000 sq feet. Most of my customer lawns are in the same size range. From my search on this website, others didnt recommend the unit for Large yards, or extended run times because it will beat ya up.

I think this unit will serve me and allow me to make some exta $$$ next spring. From what Im reading on here, seems the going rate is 2-3 times the price of a regular lawn mowing.

Whats your thoughts on my theory? Think I should pull the trigger? Seems that I could pay this thing off next year if I can get a few customers talked into an aeration. Obviously there are better choices out there, but I only have about 20 customers currently, and I cant afford to spend big bucks on a unit. the other plus is that our small town doesnt have a place where people can even rent an aeration machine (i looked into it) so that means the customers cant obtain the unit locally to use the DIY method.
2013 Exmark Commercial 30
2014 Exmark Lazer Z S Series EFI 52
2008 Stihl FS250R Trimmer
2010 Stihl FS90R Trimmer
200? Stihl FC75 Edger
2014 Stihl KM130R edger and trimmer shafts

2013 Stihl BR600 Backpack blower

Page generated in 0.04023 seconds with 7 queries