View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 04:44 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickhippy View Post
Thats what I was getting at!

I put photos up recently of an 08 SZ with very aggressive 26" tires. It was for work on slopes. I have little doubt it worked fine except goodness knows how long those pumps and or wheel motors lasted. Would of been very hard on them thats for sure.

I like the idea of 26" tires but I use AT101's and dont think they come in that size.
I have been researching drives and the drive on the new mower is top notch,that is why Hustler backs the mower drive the way they do. If a person is willing to do a liitle research they can bring an older Super up to par with no problem but it will cost alot. That drive is exspensive and what you get for the money is really good. Hustler is not making any more money on that new mower.

I think the mower is to make a statement because they asked to much of the older cheaper parts and it gave them a bum rap because of the premature failures.

You can more than likely put the old White motors on the new Super or something similar and replace your Parker 280's if they ever went out for a fraction of the price of the stock setup.

The Whites can be found for 2 to 300 a piece in the States but a Parker 280 with the Hustler custom shuttle is probably 12 to 15 hundred a piece.

The guy I talked to who rebuilds hydraulics for a living said most people do not have the time to research mixing components but he said if you do it is way cheaper to run cheap surplus crap and just throw away and replace it.

He considered all ZTR Hydro's drives junk and said when I told him what the new Super uses the minimum system they would recommend to rebuild.

Page generated in 0.03619 seconds with 7 queries