View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 09:52 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyFarmLandscaping View Post
It's probably been deleted, my experience was 3 years ago now.

The problem is all the constant little things. They go through idler arms, pulleys, bearings, belts, etc. It was something every week. We do run machines 5 to 6 days per week 6 to 700 hours per season, occasionally 800. Scag is what I've always run with no issues.

I decided to try a BB as an experiment due to price and Retrodog being such an awesome dealer. I had one of the first Outlaws which had the frame crack on both sides over the wheel motors. It sat at BB factory for a month, and came back with welds on it that looked like the kids at the local FFA fixed. That was enough for me.

Granted Retrodog let me run his demo the whole time my mower was at the factory. He always went above and beyond as a dealer to resolve the frequent issues I had. Now that he carries Grasshopper I will be taking a close look at them next year.
I had a Scag TT and it was a great mower but to slow and rode like a tank, the front caster's bent to easy and the deck was not as tough as my XR7 by a long shot but the rest of the mower was a brick chit house besides the drive shaft going out.

I was going to buy a BB but every dealer back in 06 told me not to because their customer and dealer support sucked, your welds are just another long line of complaints I have heard about the professionalism of the company.

Page generated in 0.03532 seconds with 7 queries