View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 09:24 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

A few more things to mull about and i will stfu again.

Why does a straight off the counter BFA require testing? I am sure it was tested in house at the factory under strict industry standards and guidelines.

Why doesn't the purveyor do the initial test of the fresh BFA? They have no problems testing their own installations and municipal BFAs in many jurisdictions.

When any BFA is tested, the test only certifies that the BFA was in working order at the time of the test. It could fail anytime thereafter regardless of the fact that it passed when tested.

A good lawyer, maybe even a poor one could prove that any assembly can fail at any time and that all testing of mechanical apparatii relates only to the condition of the apparatus at the time of the test.

This whole conversation is off base, the majority of posts are not focusing on the conflict issue but rather on their integrety or the liability involved in being a BAT/BPAT. No members integrety is at question here, we're all pikers and hacks at some point.

Every tester on the forum is likely to agree that purveyors performing their own tests is a conflict, why? If an individule can perform a test on his own work and be his own watchdog then can't we trust the government to do their own testing and be their own watchdog?

I stfu again.
Posted via Mobile Device

Page generated in 0.03534 seconds with 7 queries