View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 12:12 PM
Darryl G Darryl G is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 8,033
You don't need the home improvement license to get insurance. You very well may need a business license for the insurance company to consider insuring you. In CT you also have to pay the annual business entity fee which I think is $250 and a $10/year registration fee.

I found getting insurance the hardest part. It seemed that all of the insurance companies wanted a minimum of 3 years of experience and claims history before even considering insuring me. Maybe I just called the wrong companies...dunno. National Grange Mutual took me but it wasn't cheap. I have Peerless through an independent agent now.
Reply With Quote
Page generated in 0.03696 seconds with 8 queries