Thread: Seed April 26
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 08:16 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RigglePLC View Post
I stopped by the crabgrass infested new seeding this week. I met one of the employees at the adult foster care home, who was out for a smoke. Her name was Crystal. She thought the four shade trees looked poor. She asked if the good grass would come back. "No."
She thought it should be tilled up again and reseeded, in spring. She is probably a certified nurses aide. Someone else would probably decide what to do.

What would you do?
I would do there, what I'm doing everywhere that isn't quite right this time of year... dormant seeding... Unless it had settled unevenly and needed to be releveled I don't see any reason to work up the soil...

The thing about having seed lying on the surface of the soil during the freeze/thaw cycles is that the seed plants itself, so as long as you get the seed lying on the dirt and under those weeds, it should take off just fine...

What do we have there??? 5# bag of seed and 15 minutes of time to broadcast it???

Page generated in 0.03895 seconds with 7 queries