View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 09:27 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by grassmasterswilson View Post
Can I ask about everyones market? How many customers do you have? Service area size and population? I'm in a city with about 40-50k people and maybe 10-12k total households. I see and here guys with 300, 500, etc number of accounts and often wonder is that great marketing or is your service area that big??
Population for us, about 150,000 and we service the surrounding smaller communities.

We have about 15 fert/squirt customers and mostly do landscaping and a couple of days a week for grounds maintenance.

We've been a slower growing biz on the middle to upper end of the pricing spectrum. We loose out on estimates every year because of pricing, but the ones we do get are profitable.

Building a reputation on quality, communication and service is what is driving our growth and we're still seeing 10%-15% increase in over-all business every year.

Our market is also over-saturated with LCO's and Landscapers. Seems like just about every client's neighbor already knows someone who does work, so the word-of mouth is a bit slower.

The BNI group I belong to along with other local networking groups has really been the biggest factor in growing our business.

2005- Completion of University of Illinois Master Gardner's Program.

Page generated in 0.04837 seconds with 7 queries