View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 11:14 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSK Property Maintenance View Post
Thanks I do like my 1996 f350 with a 7.3 turbo diesel with 271,000 miles and all original body panels even though it was used as plow truck with a 2 yard sander for its whole life, and before me it used to tow a 35ft fishing boat and had crab cages loaded to the top of the cab 3x a week. a lot of blood, sweat and tears have gone into getting this setup. heck i missed out on pretty much all of my teenage years to get to where I am today. I can't even count the number of years I didn't even celebrate my birthday and just worked the day before, the day of and the day after. Instead of getting high, or drunk like 90% of the kids I went to school with did for every one of their teenage birthdays. It's starting to pay off, I should really see the benefits next year when I buy a house on my own with no help, and hopefully a really nice car in cash.
I commend you. I am the same way. Landscaping got me away from trouble. Drugs, alcohol and partying was in everyones blood in highschool. Most of my buddies got out of high school lucky to have a 3.0 gpa(decent) and not really taking anything out of school. They went to college and half of them did horrible the first year because classes were tough and partying was too important to them.

I came out of highschool with a 4.2 gpa and a business with equipment valued at about 60,000 dollars liquidated and customers to make a well established company happy. I never have worked on my birthday and always had my guys work or rescheduled work, but i did work long days after class in highschool, in the summer and early mornings in the winter. Sure,I missed out on a lot,but its worth it now. My friends will be graduating in a year and a half with degrees, and no job opportunities (or not many) and i will have a degree and a business to support me and my (hopefully) future wife.

Good luck RSK. Work always looks good and be proud of who you are, not what you missed out on. You have your whole life to enjoy and play with all your toys you can buy with all the money you will be making, and have fun with your friends and family.

-Jason

Insured and Licensed

Page generated in 0.03500 seconds with 7 queries