View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 05:08 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLONGLANDSCAPING View Post
I commend you. I am the same way. Landscaping got me away from trouble. Drugs, alcohol and partying was in everyones blood in highschool. Most of my buddies got out of high school lucky to have a 3.0 gpa(decent) and not really taking anything out of school. They went to college and half of them did horrible the first year because classes were tough and partying was too important to them.

I came out of highschool with a 4.2 gpa and a business with equipment valued at about 60,000 dollars liquidated and customers to make a well established company happy. I never have worked on my birthday and always had my guys work or rescheduled work, but i did work long days after class in highschool, in the summer and early mornings in the winter. Sure,I missed out on a lot,but its worth it now. My friends will be graduating in a year and a half with degrees, and no job opportunities (or not many) and i will have a degree and a business to support me and my (hopefully) future wife.

Good luck RSK. Work always looks good and be proud of who you are, not what you missed out on. You have your whole life to enjoy and play with all your toys you can buy with all the money you will be making, and have fun with your friends and family.

-Jason
I really know how yall feel. I'm still in high school. Drugs and partying is all everybody talks about these days. Lets just say that they are distant friends now not enemies. It sucks seeing your friends pissing their life away but they made the decsion. Its a battle everyday. But I'm not that kind of guy. I want to do something great with my life not screw it up.

Sorry to get all personal on you, But I felt like I needed to speak up.

Page generated in 0.03691 seconds with 7 queries