View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 08:13 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLS 2002 View Post
If you have some down time this winter Read/Study/Live the book E-Myth Revisited by Michael E. Gerber - it has fundamental business strategies that are proven to be successful to help you establish a foundation and grow your company. It's not industry specific; and it doesn't have to be. Everyone in business for themselves cannot just be the technician doing all of the work. We all where many hats, sometimes too many at once, but if you have a strategy, plan, goals, (dreams) and revisit them on a regular basis. You will develop a plan to grow and start delegating those duties to others with in time. As a business owner you're also the leader - establish your vision - always be aware and look ahead to ensure you're headed in the right direction.
There is a new book out "The E-Myth Landscape Contractor", It is by Gerber and Tony Bass, the guy from Super Lawn Trucks. I highly recommend the book, it has examples and insights from Tony specifically for landscape companies. This book is helping me big time, I have a total mess, close to 1000 customers and very few systems.

Page generated in 0.03788 seconds with 7 queries