View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 07:34 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick13 View Post
4. Chlorine free water....after filling the compost tea brewer from my fire hydrant in front of the house.... Growing Solutions said it would take from 30 mins to an hour of running the pump to get rid of the chlorine. Then I could start brewing My Tea.

Rick
You need to check with your water municipality about what they use. Most do not use chlorine anymore but chloramine. The latter of which can not be out gassed.
I don't mean to knock a company but this is very basic tea info and if GS does not know this I would be suspicious.

NTM is it pointless to use a hydrant hookup for a 300 or even 500 gal sprayer. Simply use 2 or more spigots and you will be full in less than 20 min. It will take longer than that to d!(k around with the hydrant hoses, hookups, water meter, billing, etc, etc...

You also mentioned "expensive compost for high end customers" Do you realize how little compost you need for brewing? Compost should be about .5% of your brewing cost even if you are paying $5/lb (which is double what the best cost)
Cutting corners here is the equivalent of picking up pennies off the street, do the math it's not worth it by a long shot.

Page generated in 0.03103 seconds with 7 queries