View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 10:43 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I do not want to tell you guys what I pay for hosting as you would fall over. I could easy put 100 domains on it or more and run a hosting service.

My domain has it's own IP and my E-mail is solid. I recently had an issue of some sort about some rejected mail because of " Sender Policy Framework (SPF) is an email validation system designed to prevent email spam by detecting email spoofing, a common vulnerability, by verifying sender IP addresses. SPF allows administrators to specify which hosts are allowed to send mail from a given domain by creating a specific SPF record (or TXT record) in the Domain Name System (DNS). Mail exchangers use the DNS to check that mail from a given domain is being sent by a host sanctioned by that domain's administrators."

I contacted support the first weenie eluded to how to fix it.

My response was short of me moving " how do I get this fixed" and it was fixed. It is not just spam filters, it is spoofing and such that you have to be concerned with these days and as methods to combat spam increases so does the need to have more control over your system.

I do keep several domains, one of which is just for file storage in a private file not associated with any live domain or IP address. I have one domain on the site that is not mine but it belongs to a good friend and his store front business.

I have full root access not that I would even know what to do with it but the GUI system and FTP allows me to do most of what I want and need. If I do have an issue I just give the guys a shout. The company I started with has been sold twice and it seems the staffing support is better but a little less responsive unless I just tell them I am not going to fix it, that is your job.

If I were to move I would likely get the same VPS but go to rack space or something but for now, I will stay put. I am not sure Rack space would be as support responsive to me.

Last edited by Duekster; 11-17-2012 at 10:48 AM.

Page generated in 0.03341 seconds with 7 queries