View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 10:01 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallaxe View Post
So FD, there you have it... your Turf Association and the research doesn't make a bit of difference in the real world...
That doesn't surprise me. It takes a long time to change the way applicators do things. My local JDL store still recommends high K for the fall app, they still want to apply fertilizer.

Riggle, they might all look the same but which one used it most efficiently and at the lowest cost.

I would love to apply exactly the way the research shows to do it but I live in a real route based world with over 350 customers. I try to get as close as what is recommended by research and what I have noticed from my results. I am only on the lawn once every 4 to 6 weeks depending the on the round. There is the ideal world and there is the world we live in in where we have to have a green & lush lawn at the lowest cost and be environmentally responsible. Putting a bunch of water soluble nitrogen down late in the season makes no sense to me and is wasteful based on research and what I have seen. If you live in the middle of the country it might be a different story.

I love my country, but mistrust my government, and the government doesn't create jobs, it just takes my money and gives it to other people or groups it thinks it can bribe.

Page generated in 0.03780 seconds with 7 queries