View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 10:59 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

C.F Struck has been around for quite a while and were the kit mini-crawler pioneers. They no longer sell the tractors in kit form (end-user assembly shortcuts hurt reputation I suspect, not to mention legal liability BS). I really like the idea of a small machine like this, and can think of almost endless ways I could make use of one, especially the smaller, home-owner RS1000; just not sure about the non-hydro drive, belt system.

From a commercial-use view, the drawbacks I see are that the attachments are not QT, tracks are not turf friendly (nature of the beast and highly subjective), as I recall the fuel capacity is rather small, and you can get a decent 4wd CUT, with local dealer support, for the cost of even their gas-powered MH4800 (I don't see a diesel option anymore. even for the 8000 flagship).

In 2010, I priced out an RS1000 w/ hydraulics, front & rear hitches (requires separate hydraulic kit), (johnny) bucket, dozer blade, box scraper and ripper @ $8200. A MH4800 w/ FEL, excavating bucket, tooth bar, ballast box (3pt), CAT 1 3 pt hitch (requires separate hydraulic kit), rear PTO, and ripper tipped the scales, or rather checkbook, @ $19k, and at that time, the FEL was free.

That said, I don't don't think a CUT would come close to doing what a Magnatrac seems to be capable of doing, and if I had the spare $$, I just might have one of their RS machines.

Page generated in 0.03393 seconds with 7 queries