View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 12:18 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Services View Post
as far as buying a domain name, who am I buying this from exactly? i can buy a domain name for like 10 bucks a year or something, but wtf? who's selling it? i think for now, i'll just stick to my freebie site and link it everywhere I can. I googled it a few times and it's not the first thing that pops up, but it's not at the bottom either.
The simplest explanation is that it's the equivalent of getting a phone number from AT&T, Verizon, Cricket, or your local Ma Bell.

Quote:
i think for now, i'll just stick to my freebie site and link it everywhere I can. I googled it a few times and it's not the first thing that pops up, but it's not at the bottom either.
I'm not seeing your site come up for any of the standard keywords, but I do see your Google+ listing ranking well in the local section and ServiceVines listing in the regular results.

Quote:
Servicevines: I'm already listed on your site and have had ZERO leads from it. I think it's a great idea, but the only people that seem to know about it are the contractors that list their services. You're in the same boat as me sorta. Seems like you need to reach the customers better with your site.
ServiceVines is in the process of scaling a nationally targeted business, which is a difficult, tedious, and costly process. From my view, the immediate benefit you will see is the inbound, highly relevant link from their site to yours. This helps immensely with search rank, which is what he has previously pointed out in posts by way of his value proposition re: the free listing. Ironically, I do see your ServiceVines listing and not your web site in the keyword searches I ran. If you get your site working in concert with the inbound links, you'll see your rank improve.

When it comes to implementing your site, like any other marketing, there is some cost or another. With your web site investment, the nice thing is that a well-executed site will cause your ROI to continue rising over time, especially year over year compared to avenues such as newspaper or yellow page ads, etc.

Any other questions, just yell, and definitely take advantage of the archives here.

Last edited by tonygreek; 11-18-2012 at 12:24 AM.

Page generated in 0.03979 seconds with 7 queries