View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 10:04 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I actually was in the homedepot the other day and they had a factory serviced srm230 with the full warranty for 199. I jumped on it..After using redmax my whole life i HATED this trimmer at first..the head sucks and the guard dosnt let out enough string..normally i just loosed up the guard and slide it up an inch so i can squeese out another inch or two but the guard is bolted to the neck..

Anyhoo after switching to a redmax head and taking off the echo guard and grinding a little plastic off an old redmax one to get it to fit i love the thing..great build quality, not to heavy, comefortable, ive never had an issue with a trimmer but the 5 year war is nice..

Another note i opened up the muffler and took the cat out it opened her up a little bit and it is running cooler but is alot louder..If you dont feel comefortable doing that i would deffintally recomend removing the tailpipe. blocking plate and spark arrestor there is so much restriction in that exhaust it is crazy..save em incase you ever need to use that warranty.. I took a bunch of pic. I was actually gonna make a video post in a few days about the trimmer
Posted via Mobile Device

Page generated in 0.03924 seconds with 7 queries