View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 05:22 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Soloscaper my advice to you is do what feels best for you and if you know that taking a winter job is best for you take it. Alot of guys on here are gonna not work for those beer wages, but alot of people don't realize that that is consistant money every week 40-50hrs a weeks at $15hr adds up to a nice paycheck for the next 4 months. Plowing causes alot of stress plus you are putting your finances on the line and if it doesn't snow your sunk, and when you spend your summer bank fixing your plow when it breaks your sunk. Personally, I do alot of plowing in the winter but I also work about 30-40hrs on a farm over the winter to make some spending money. I plow because I like plowing snow and it's a bonus. But I now have my snow buisiness to where I relie on having employees plowing with me and that's my biggest stress while plowing. Talk to your customers and be straight with them, explain why you are dropping there snow work, they will keep you if you are good at there lawn etc. good luck!

Page generated in 0.03952 seconds with 7 queries