View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 05:11 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Hokie is completely right. People are one minute asking simple questions, then you led into who to talk to on and on. Then low and behold they are in your back yard or someone else.

I have seen the numerous threads on here over the years, and this has always been a point driven by the senior guys. There are numerous threads on here with suppliers names and contacts. There are thread that get into issues with supplies products, recommended products on and on.

When I first joined this site and started this journey, there were pages per day on here of posts. It took me weeks to read all the threads, then reread them. The information was beyond abundant. It has quieted immensely in comparison.

As Hokie said, the market is notably smaller with Christams Lighting or Holiday Lighting, than grass chopping. Look around at how many fly by nights are running around chopping grass, then look at how many real lawn/landscape companies there are. The number of fly by nights grows every year. As hokie pointed out, people don;t care what you use to chop grass, just as long as it gets done and looks nice. With lighting, you are creating a visual statement, fancy equipment won;t get it done, and it is not required. The start up costs are even lower in this business as far as what you "have to have" to do it.
2000 Cat 312B
2000 Cat 304 CCR
2000 Hyundai H70
2012 Scag V Ride
2009 Ferris IS3100 z
Brown Bed Edger
Multiple trailers, hand tools and smaller stuff
A son to teach the value of life, business and honor

Page generated in 0.04094 seconds with 7 queries