View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 08:18 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Frozen solid is when I believe that the fertilizer isn't going to be used at any level and also when the dormancy period is using very little water in metabolizing its own life processes...

So with frozen ground being the zero fertilizing usage(0%), at what percentage of the fertilizer will be used when soil temps are below 50 degrees F.???
What percentage usage at 40 degrees F.???

Our last mowing was before Halloween, so we know that the tops stopped growing then, but how long will the roots continue to bring in new N beofre it stops altogether???

Usually, when pale green plants bring in new fertilizer AND adequate moisture, there is a definate color change... Here in Centro Wisco I've never seen a color change with fertilizers applied after Oct. 3rd or there abouts...
Even then it takes a couple of weeks for the change to be noticeable, so I should assume that the plant wasn't actively utilizing that NPK until it was broken down into useable form...

Page generated in 0.03757 seconds with 7 queries