View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 09:32 AM
rlitman rlitman is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Long Island
Posts: 1,384
Originally Posted by ztrguy View Post
What you just described is worm gear clamps. They have a band with a screw to (worm) tighten the band.
Yeah, it sounds similar, but in a worm clamp, the "screw" engages slots in the band.
In a Fuel Injection Hose clamp, the screw tightens against a nut. They get MUCH tighter.

Richard Martin posted a great picture of what I described, and yes, every auto parts store has them. You just have to say "Fuel Injection" when you're asking for hoses or clamps.
Reply With Quote
Page generated in 0.03718 seconds with 8 queries