View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 09:17 AM
Ric's Avatar
Ric Ric is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: S W Florida
Posts: 11,978

An other way to go is a Payroll Service that offers Worker Comp. My insurance agent hooked me up with a Insurance carrier that offered Payroll service. Both this plan and Employee leasing offer the cash flow benefit of Pay as You Go Workers Comp Insurance. In house Payroll has to pay estimated W/C insurance up front for a year. This up front money could be better spend on faster equipment etc. BTW the Insurance/payroll service used my Checking account.

I sold out my business in 2005. But at that time W/C insurance was 12.6% for landscape installer and irrigation tech etc. My total Labor Burden was 125 %. If my employees made $ 1000 I had to have $ 1250 in my checking account to cover payroll. The employee takes home $ 750 and the Payroll service takes the rest for taxes and files all the reports etc.

I really liked the W/C payroll. I only had to manage having enough money to cover each week payroll & labor burden. No quarterly reports or big Money quarterly tax payments. BTW because they were profiting from my W/C I only paid a small percentage service fee.

Call Ideal Insurance in Sarasota. 941 921 2102


it is one thing to do a off label applications. It is total stupidity to post it on the world wide web and expect people to approve.

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

My People Skills are Fine. It is my Idiot Tolerance Skills That needs Work.

Reply With Quote
Page generated in 0.03851 seconds with 8 queries