View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 06:21 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenstar lawn View Post
Wow last mowing before Halloween? Wow crazy to see the difference between were your at and here in se mi. I am still cutting lawns and still taking growth off. Pretty much have most lawns down to 3".I have about one more week of cutting and I should be done.
Most Bradford trees and mature maples still have leaves on them. Temps were cold for a bit but now we're in the 50's during the day and 30's at night.
My fert guy is just finishing his last round. Also lawns are still very much green here as well.
Posted via Mobile Device
Add to that,,, the drought continuing in spite of the couple of rains we had and this year left us with 1 mowing(2 in some spots) for Oct. altogether...
Don't know what Bradford Trees are, but our maples were completely finished last week(the late ones) and even our Oaks have very little left... in fact, they are probably already at their winter holding level, the leaves they have now may still be there in May...
Most of the ground that had a frost layer on is thawed now, but it looks like Friday puts us back in the freezer, with highs in the 30s...

How has our fertilizer done in retrospect??? I don't think that any of our fert apps done in late Sept. - early Oct., were assimulated at all...
What I've learned and how it affected future decisions...
I plan to go from Aug. 15 - Sept. 15 next year as a winterizer,,, If things are wet and Warm, I can always go again from Sept. 15 to Oct. 1st...

Page generated in 0.03527 seconds with 7 queries