View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 04:57 PM
LawnSite Member

I use a leasing company. I think it is great, I actually save on my workers Comp. But then again I am in California and workers Comp is high. I like the fact all of the taxes are paid and you dont have to worry about it later in the month or quarter. I also have the leasing company drug test if one of the employees gets hurt on the job, its amazing how your employees do not get hurt once you mention drug test. The only con I have is you have to pay the leasing agency before they release the checks to your employees. but it never has been to much of a problem making payroll. In California I highly suggest using one. I own another company along with the landscape company and I use the leasing agency for both. And I actually save 1000$ a month with the other company I have because of workers comp having a high rating for the job classification.

also, I say 4 out of 5 mid size construction companies that I do business with all use a leasing company for their employees. again, Leasing company not a staffing agency

"A professional employer organization (PEO) is a firm that provides a service under which an employer can outsource employee management tasks such as employee benefits, payroll and workers’ compensation, recruiting, risk/safety management, and training and development. It does this by hiring a client company’s employees, thus becoming their employer of record for tax purposes and insurance purposes. This practice is known as co-employment" wikipedia!

Page generated in 0.03318 seconds with 7 queries