View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 07:30 PM
LawnSite Member

Should I partner up with my friend ? Pros/cons

Ok so this spring I want to start up my lawn care service. I have exp. in this industry used to lasts cape a few years back, and I used to own a service business that I sold so I have exp in general business.
My good friend started a lawn care company last year and wants me to join with him. He has a good solid 30 accounts an is growing.
He spent around 15-20k startup and I was gonna spend the same. He is more of a "worker" an not a busines man. And I'm really good an running and growing a business so he figures my skills would help him grow an we would split everything 5050 since I will spend the same amount startup even though he is already established.
What are the pros an cons of joining him? Just seems complicated to do, to Goto a lawyer an legalize us being partners an figureing this all out. Is there a way I can start my own company some how with my own business name an just kind of be some kind of sister company? Like being partners but not really I knows his sounds complicated but maybe somone here understand what I'm tryn to say !

Page generated in 0.04084 seconds with 7 queries