View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 10:13 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboysLawnCareDelaware View Post
Referrals from your clients is hands the best way to get new clients. Also if you can get in good with a supply distributor they may be willing to give out your company name if you do good work. I don't know diverse you are as far as lawn mowing, landscaping, weeding, mulching, hardscaping, etc..
I would definitely go door-to-door in the neighborhoods you are already cutting lawns in but don't waste your time going to other neighborhoods yet.

Also unless you are buying out another small company I wouldn't plan on getting 30 new accounts, you can aim for that but it will be hard to get 10-15 new lawns.

I would also advise that you upgrade your weedwacker and possibly your blower to a backpack model. I personally love my Echo equipment and don't plan on even trying other brands such as Stihl and others.

-Michael
I agree and Disagree. Go with Echo's larger models, give referral incentives, do good work. It is possible and I do it every year since I started. Answer your phone when it rings, save all numbers, keep your schedule and notes organized, and be in constant communication are some of the most important management things that I'm learned.

25 years old 7 years in business ownership

Page generated in 0.03985 seconds with 7 queries