View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 07:53 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Hi Jim,

If the equipment is in good shape, I usually will repair and re-task the lighting using either Halogen or LED drop ins. I can't in good conscience, and I believe it is a dis-service to my client to sell them something they don't really need when the drop in's work perfectly well and are far more economical to my clients than tearing everything out. (In fact, as of late, I use more and more of them, they are performing far better than I could have imagined.) I think my clients appreciate that I am not just looking to take a buck from them, but I am genuinely looking to give them the best options. Now, as for replacing solid brass Unique type fixtures with poorly made, cheap aluminum junk; that is a true dis-service. This is the truth; of all the worn out and tired looking fixtures I remove from landscapes it is easily 50% malibu type and 50% kichler fixtures that have failed. IMO, (and this is just my opinion of course) they produce a way overpriced, poor quality, light fixture. I am sure I will offend some blue blood kichler guys here, but the boxes full of removed, worn out and broken, kichler fixtures in my storage unit don't lie. I break them down and recycle them at the end of the year. Their LED fixtures (not necessarily the components) are no different in my opinion either. Just my .02

Tim Ryan
Lite4 Outdoor Lighting
www.lite-4.com

Page generated in 0.03476 seconds with 7 queries