View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 07:42 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by heritage View Post
It is a subjective subject Smallaxe and I will not debate it.

Plants do have a hormonal balance and placing small amounts of available form Nitrate, when roots are growing is not the same thing as a dosing of Steroids. We are not applying a dose of gibberellic acid (plant steroid) to push top growth.

Prescription fertilization for enhancement as I perform for KB is done in moderation. It's not in high doses, rather it is "Spoon Fed" when the roots can take it up.

Late season fertilization does not need such high rates of Nitrogen as once prescribed by the University Professors.

We continue to learn and move forward, bridging the gap to a "Greener" lifestyle.
That is the question we are discussing... when can the roots take it up in the cool soils of Fall and also Spring...

Do you believe that force feeding N at inappropriate times equals detrimental effects???

Think about the analogy of "High Energy Feed" for chickens... Does high energy feed influence the health of the organism...

We aren't even close to talking about gibberilin, but only using an analogy of how imposing contrary stimulations at the inappropriate time may indeed cause problems... best of all,,, is when there is a logical botanical reas on why...

I'm not looking for an arguement either,,, not at all... what would be cool is an in-depth discussion about what the OSU research was actually talking about... I may have to start a post on that article and see if there is an analysis that makes sense to everyone...

Page generated in 0.04683 seconds with 7 queries