View Single Post
Old 11-22-2012, 11:35 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallaxe View Post
I strive to understand what the plant needs and when it needs it... I'd like to know why N is good in warm soils and just how badly it is wasted in cool soils...

You do realize that what NJ gov't says today,,, and what you did yesterday,,, has no bearing on the reality of what soils do as they feed the plantlife,,, right???

I think it may be imperative to analyse the OSU article so that we are not basing our understanding of botany on NJ politicians, and the" way we've always done it", routine...
I AGREE with the New Jersey Law and I think it was a HUGE step in the right direction.

Timing IS everything from my expereance with cool season grass types.

The minimum dosage that gives a response, at the proper timing is on the left side of my bell curve and heavy applications once recommended by Universities
are on the right side of the bell curve. Find something in the middle and scale down from there, till you find what works for you.

You can also use a bell curve with growth in your area, with your grass types. Too early or too late is not as efficient I would guess.

Just use some common sense.

Page generated in 0.04632 seconds with 7 queries