View Single Post
Old 11-22-2012, 12:10 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Now, something else I want to bring up.

Production.

Why should we as an industry, charge per hour for cleanups, then go out and buy some of the fastest equipment for cleanups, and end up charging less for the increased efficiency.

Never made sense to me. If you've got a 3k leaf loader, 500.00 leaf box, a 5k mower and bagger, and 1k + in blower equipment, then I think you should be charging a premium to clean up leaves efficiently because the equipment isn't cheap.

Some cleanups we do come out to $60.00+ charge in man hours because we can do it so fast. We just try to find a reasonable set price for the cleanup and get it done. I'm to the point of being tired of the bottom line being hurt by efficiency.

Another thought. I think mulching and bagging can sometimes be a hindrance. One year we tried mulching and bagging, and the next we just tried blowing and loading. Turns out the fuel consumption, wear and tear on equipment, and time was more when mulching/bagging on properties with lots of leaves. Seems like it was way easier to just blow/drag/and load the truck.

2005- Completion of University of Illinois Master Gardner's Program.

Page generated in 0.04004 seconds with 7 queries