View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 12:14 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Gardens View Post
Funny you say that.

Our area actually had no trees to speak of originally. The place was stripped cleaned from natural wildfires every few years. The only trees we had were some natural Maple groves from what I can tell.

Now there's trees everywhere of all varieties and still lots of farmground.

I Love it!!!

Around here we are building/growing windbreaks for natural erosion control for the wide open spaces,,, but the cities are doing fine with their trees and threir building and even their heat island in which small towns are consistently 5 degrees warmer in the cool seasons than the wide open spaces...

Now if Iowa would just put in some trees, then Shytown would be no more, "The Windy City" than Green Bay... Of course that has already been addressed... "WildFires"...

Nature's Wise and Loving Hand or Prelude to Desolation??? WildFires... Utah, Montana, etc... I remember one Summer we didn't have a Summer,,, only the stink of wildfires in the western US...

In my opinion,,, Prelude to Desolation...

But I digress...

Are you insinuating that mankind growing trees in Illinios is better than having "Grasslands" dominate the landscape, over these millions and millions of acres, outside the Windy City???

Page generated in 0.03366 seconds with 7 queries