View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 07:22 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly's Landscaping View Post
Briggs makes the vanguard engine and they have a very good track record. Now the old cast iron block ones we use to use in the 90s the 8hp and the 11hp briggs they were 300 hour motors tops and complete junk. But I have 2 18 hp vanguard motors on my 2 self propelled fradan leaf blowers. I keep one as a spear and in the old days we would bring 3 or more ground blowers to a clean up now the one 18 does the work off all of that. And it frees up the guys to use the br600s which makes cleans ups very quick indeed.

Now you mention the hill issue and that's always something I prefer to do with backpacks but the fradans can handle some decent hills and if you got the upper body strength it's all part of the job. What I don't miss was the old push versions and fighting to get running starts to try to man handle them up inclines.
I think he was probably referring to the Briggs Intek engines that were put on a lot of blowers. They were prone to head problems...spitting out valve seats and bending/breaking rods etc.

Page generated in 0.04658 seconds with 7 queries