View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 09:12 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

The truth about what we do

the second time this year, I found myslef realising whay I do this. Granted I make a decent living, but the joy and excitement we bring to people in general has to be it.

The frst time it happened this year was a couple weeks ago when I was installing a municipal project, I had 2 little girls, maybe 6 or 7 yelling "Merry Christmas to me" as I was installing the garland and bows on this project that goes through a good part of the City.

Today, not only did I have a man in his mid 20's stop me, but thanked me also for playing Christmas music why I was installing the lights on this project. Then three hours later, he brings me a hot chocolate and sandwich. This is after a couple more girls in their early teens spent a few minutes walking up and down the block I was working on saying "Merry Christmas" each and every time they went by.

Now, where can you go to work, make a decent living and bring that kind of joy and happiness to people?? Have you ever stopped for a minute and noticed how when people look at what you are doing, especially on a commercial or municipal project as it is easy to notice, they always walk away with a smile on their face. Just for a moment, in such times of duress and abundant despair, you made them forget their problems, even if just for a moment, that my friends is truly a gift, it is Divine, and the Lord himself gave us the ability to deliver such a gift.
2000 Cat 312B
2000 Cat 304 CCR
2000 Hyundai H70
2012 Scag V Ride
2009 Ferris IS3100 z
Brown Bed Edger
Multiple trailers, hand tools and smaller stuff
A son to teach the value of life, business and honor

Page generated in 0.03268 seconds with 7 queries