View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 10:20 AM
LawnSite Member

It never fails.........

Well, I hadn't winterized a system in over a week, temperature has dropped below freezing since saturday and the long term forecast is going to stay like that all week. So on saturday I decided to remove the compressor from the back of my truck, need 4 guys to do this since it weighs 600 hundred pounds. Sure enough, while watching the ball game yesterday afternoon, I get a call from a client asking me if we should blow out the lines yet? Usually when I start a client's system in the spring, they pre-pay me to winterize it then. Since I didn't start up their system, I assumed they didn't start it this year. Didn't bother to call them to see if they needed it winterized, their the type of people that never pick up the phone and never return your call anyways. So, I decided since it's not gonna get any warmer, better go do it now. Had to go pick it up from my brother's where I store it, re-install the battery which is a pain because it's under the gas tank and you gotta remove a few brackets to get to it. So by the time I got to the clients' house the sun was going down, temp had dropped, connected compressor hose to blow out hose bib and nothing! Frozen solid, tried to heat up pipe with a torch, but still no luck, will go by today at 1pm since it's sunny out.

Page generated in 0.03417 seconds with 7 queries