View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 11:01 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brules View Post
HAHAHAHAHA AWESOME! Same one I have......

My only tip is run high quality oil in the mix.....my dealer said he had several crews start to use them and they were running their Stihl mix through the Husqys and the engines were burning up as they run much hotter than a lot of the other units. He wasn't selling me oil as he said use anything rated equal to the Husqy mix and I would be fine.

Enjoy it! It is a beast!

Make the extra $ back by blowing some other yards around you if you have to.
Your dealer is full of it. The Husky 570's don't run any hotter than any other 2 stroke, and in fact mine seems to run a little cooler than my stihl 2 stroke does. Since it is a 2 stroke, and quality oil will work OK, even stihl orange bottle which I have used as well as their HP Ultra. Then I switched to amsoil Saber, and will never use anything else again if I can help it. It is worlds ahead of the other stuff including husky's own semi synthetic oil. The RM version of the 580 had some over heating issues at first, but that has been taken care of as of earlier this year. Maybe your dealer had a few 580's that were running hot due to the same problem, but I have yet to hear anyone with a 580 complain about that issue.

Page generated in 0.03857 seconds with 7 queries