View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 12:26 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl G View Post
Ridin': As far as running full throttle for extended periods when new, that's what my dealer tells me for any new handheld and I know I've read it in a number of manuals. He said it has to do with things seating, etc. and not wanting excessive heat while things are settling in. Maybe it doesn't apply to these units? Who needs full throttle on these things anyway, lol.
I heard that. I run the thing with the throttle lock set at about 3/4 and use the rest as a booster shot when needed.

Here is a link to what Stihl answered in their FAQ's. I can't seem to find it in the Husky info at the moment-

Q-"My instruction manual says not to run the product at full throttle for the first 2 to 3 tanks of fuel mix. Why is this?"

A- "This can cause internal engine damage. STIHL recommends that you do not run your engine at wide open throttle without a load. A blower is under a load at all times, a trimmer is under a load as long as the trimmer head is in place and the line is to the correct length, while a chain saw is under a load when the bar and chain are in a cut."

It's the first FAQ in this link-

http://www.stihlusa.com/faq/general/

Last edited by Ridin' Green; 11-27-2012 at 12:32 AM.

Page generated in 0.03200 seconds with 7 queries