View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 07:15 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brules View Post
I went with a 2 stroke as they have better low end. This guy's video explains why and shows why....even though he is a bit wordy, he has a very good point:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noG46RzMikE

The 4 stroke/4mix units have a gutless low/med end to them.
I cant entirely agree with your statement or the Stihl nut in the youtube video. He's not telling the entire story. They fs250r may produce more TQ than the 4-mix it's compared against in this video but that is the PEAK TQ which really means nothing other than, you have to have it wide open to cut stuff down like a savage. The fs250 also has a 40.2cc engine while the fs130 has a smaller 36.3cc motor. When talking TQ, size matter. I really am not versed in the Stihl 4-mix products but saying that a 4 stroke is gutless and has no low/mid range TQ is completely contradictory to the TQ curve 4 cycle combustion creates, which is much flatter (this means that the TQ is actually useable throughout the rev range and not only at the upper end with it wide open) curve and also larger amounts available in the low/mid RPM range.

I dont want to start an argument but I will happily participate in a conversation of opposing views as long as facts are represented and things stay cordial.
ECHO PB-300e
Old beast! I cant wait to
get my new decals in the mail!!!

Page generated in 0.03843 seconds with 7 queries