View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 09:16 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member
we own a tri axle cable style 2006 International Pay star. We have not had a single problem with it. I dont have any experience with the hook style roll off so i cant say much about them. On the other hand we have never had a cable break, or not been able to pick a bin up. The cable style system requires a bit more concentration , and forward thinking by the driver. Knowing what angles of the hoist produce less stress on the cable is key. I have never had a problem or issue with hoping out of the truck to hook up the cable because normally I am hoping out anyways to unload a machine, put a tarp on the load,etc. Mine is used strictly for hauling material ( concrete, asphalt, mastic, and some dirt) from my own jobs. I rarely use it to haul dirt unless i am working on a job that using the roll off makes it easier. If i need to haul large amounts of dirt i hire in trucks. I belive my truck has 24' rails , 40 tonne hoists, and we have a roller that can be hydraulically raised/lowered from the cab. This is useful when loading heavy boxes, as it keeps the front wheels on the ground.

Erosion and Sediment control bmp installations, Excavating and Grading services, Acoustic, Chainlink, and sound fence installations

Check out our new YouTube account!
Page generated in 0.04128 seconds with 8 queries